In this section of my website, I will post reviews of books that I have read that are in some way related to the criminal justice, forensic psychology, and or writing fields. For the most part, I plan to write book reviews on nonfiction books in these writing genres: true crime, history, biography, forensic psychology, psychology, science, medicine, and writing resources. I will try and post my book reviews on a regularly scheduled basis, so that you can check back at the time that is most convenient for you.
The same rules that apply to guest writers, apply to me too:
- Plagiarism is a no-no. I will write and post my own work, and I will give credit where credit is due.
- I will be objective. I will state the facts, and without an obvious bias. If I have a definite opinion on a book – I’ll tell you that too.
- I will be nice, and I will be fair too.
- Although I have already stated my professional and academic credentials on the “About Me” section of my website, I will let you know if I have any additional subject matter expertise that is related to the book that I have reviewed.
- Disclaimer alert. I will let you know if I have any personal, academic, and/or professional connection to the publisher and/or the author of the book that I have reviewed.
This is what you will see in every book review:
- Name of the book
- Name of the publisher of the book, and any available website/blog links for their site
- Name of the author of the book, and any available website/blog links for their site
- Date of publication of the book, or the expected date of publication of the book
- Writing Genre
- Number of pages in the book
- Special features: bibliographies, chronologies, etc.
- The book review
- Would I recommend the book? Why or Why not, and to who?